Tips for conquering the grocery store like Conan
(And no, not Conan O’Brien… though that would be more entertaining.)
Sometimes grocery stores can be a bit intimidating. There is a lot going on in there. You’ve got the cereals competing for every color on the planet, 20 different cheeses that you would be okay with taking home, and deciding which vegetable might be the most tolerable that week.
Here’s a few tips to conquering the grocery store:
— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —
- Stick to the “horseshoe” of the grocery store — the outside three walls, not including the enter/exit (obviously)
- A good marinara can be a replacement ketchup. Ketchup is typically more expensive, and often times you’ll have better tasting condiment when using the marinara. It won’t keep as long, but it will be worth it when you’ve tried a good sauce on your burger, especially when its got the tomato chunks with some garlic and herbs.
- Frozen fruits are the way to go! They’re WAYY less expensive and they almost act as frozen treats, while preserving the nutritional value. Same can be said with veggies!
- For those who don’t have problems with beans, canned beans have a high nutritional content, with minerals iron, copper, and manganese. They should be a staple in every diet.
- Haven’t found a savory veggie? You probably haven’t tried the bags of sweet veggies miniatures. They’re delicious and nutritious.
- GET. YOUR. COFFEE. IN. STORE. Seriously, you’ll save thousands of dollars long-term by making your own coffee instead of Starbucks or Dunkin’.
- ProFiber can help with your grocery trip, but how?
There are some high value foods you can’t get in stores. There are costs with putting food in stores, and for some products, that cost simply isn’t feasible. That’s currently our situation. We are online and at markets, but there is one way that ProFiber alters your grocery run, even without being there.
By not eating as much throughout the day and having one meal already at home, you don’t need to buy as much at the store, and you spend less time wandering and wondering about what’s on the home menu.
It’s super easy, saves you time, saves you money, and of course — the incredible health benefits.
Many people haven’t implemented the right healthy habits in their lives. This was the case with Dr. Silverman, when at 60 his doc told him he was overweight and nearly type II diabetic. He knew medicine would be a bandaid, and set out to find food to fix his issues.
10 years later, ProFiber is the solution to his — and many other’s — (old) problem. High blood sugar and worrying about weight are no longer things he has to worry about, and he’s more active and living more freely. What is ProFiber?
ProFiber is just a once-a-day meal replacement that is high in fiber and protein, and will help you if you’ve had the same struggles as him. Check it out at profiberfood.com